POSTED 22 May
Director Support, EMEA
at 10x Genomics
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience. Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.About the role:The EMEA Support Director is a leadership position within the regional EMEA Leadership team and the Global Support Team. The role has principal oversight duties for the District FAS managers and their teams, Technical Support and Field Bioinformatics Scientists. This role is reporting to the EMEA VP Sales & Support and under the mentorship of the VP of Global Support and Sales Operations, and will have overall responsibility for hiring, salary, promotion and focal review, and reporting.Responsibilities:Leadership:
- Proven ability to scale and lead a large multidisciplinary, international team
- Participate in the EMEA and Global leadership teams for support, principally providing feedback on support strategies and planning.
- Participate in the leadership for the Global Commercial team, building and maintaining relationships across functions, districts and global regions.
- Work closely with the EMEA Sales Director to manage escalations and team dynamics.
- Keep the EMEA teams appraised of the support strategies and activities.
- Oversight of recruitment and screening of candidates for EMEA Support roles, with additional review activities across the Global Team to ensure team consistency.
- Mentor Support mangers in leadership and facilitate continuous improvement of our support processes.
- Audit and guide timely data capture for reporting purposes.
- Report field support trends and metric driven areas for improvement.
- Travel with Support team members to directly understand and improve the 10x customer experience.
- Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Act as an escalation resource for Support managers and team members for difficult situations or customers.
- Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Product Development teams.
- Develop and refine scalable field support processes consistent with the 10x support strategy.
- Develop staffing plans to support the 10x support strategy backed by metric rationalization.
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience preferred; BA/BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics considered.
- 5 years lab experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics or genetics.
- 3 years of hands-on experience with NGS workflows and data analysis software and/or sorting cytometry and associated analysis software.
- 8 years customer facing experience preferred.
- 5 years of management experience preferred.
- Hands on proficiency with common molecular biology bench techniques; cell culture experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of genomics, biochemistry. Single cell laboratory experience is considered a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a matrix team towards corporate goals.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and management skills
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills, additional languages an advantage.
- Familiarity with SFDC software.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer experience.
- Must be willing to travel up to 80%.
- Must be able to be resident within the EU and work within the EU and USA