POSTED 16 Mar
Director, Sales (Germany, Austria and Switzerland)
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
The Director of Sales will develop, lead and be accountable for all aspects of field sales in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The position will direct and deliver on defined targets, while providing strategic direction in your region. This role is responsible for driving significant growth in new business and expanding existing customers. You will be responsible for improving coordination and communication across the organization, and developing new and optimizing existing processes.
This position will serve as a member of the EMEA Sales Leadership team and work closely with the General Manager, EMEA to support company initiatives and to develop and implement strategic direction.
This role requires fluency with both English and German language skills and the preferred location is in/near Frankfurt, Germany.
What You Will Do
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts in partnership with Channel Management, Marketing and Business Unit owners
- Lead team of Regional Account Executives across Germany, Austria and Switzerland as primary owner of all sales activities in the field
- Develop and manage KPIs, sales funnels, sales analysis tools and other reports as necessary to effectively manage performance to monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Evangelizing effective deployment of Fortive Business System through the sales organization
- Drive sales activities to achieve or exceed business objectives, sales growth, and profitability targets for accounts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Other business targets will include revenue, market share, unit sales, and effectiveness of supporting processes to drive these metrics.
- Partner with leadership in other functions such as Finance, Legal, Operations, and Marketing to ensure 100% compliance in all aspects of business conducted internally or externally. Ensure that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood, but also owned by the account executive and account management team.
- Assess geographical markets to deploy market specific growth priorities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Contribute to senior management’s knowledge of product/market status through the regular submission of field intelligence and sales reports
- Identify and grow a high performing field sales talent
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in a technical field preferred or equivalent work experience. MBA degree a plus.
- 10+ years of proven leadership and management of a sales team
- 7+ years experience in relationship management, metrics, and technical sales
- Experience developing and managing high performing sales forces, teams and structures
- Experience with value-selling technical products with proficiency in heavy commercial B2B negotiation
- Proven strategic planning and business leadership capabilities.
- Proven ability to identify, position, develop, lead and retain talented people who are focused on rapid speed of implementation and flawless execution of the sales strategy and tactics
- Proven ability to develop functional metrics and drive them into the organization so that his/her team effectively and efficiently understands, adopts, and executes them to achieve the results
- Experience driving change, integration and results
- Understanding of business financial analysis
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Effective listening and strong collaboration skills
- High level of organizational savviness
- Ability to drive execution of strategies
- Ability to be creative, objective and possess a high level of integrity
- Fluency in both English and German language skills
- Travel approximately 30%
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!