POSTED 27 Mar
Auth0 is a pre-IPO unicorn. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our teams and will help take us to the next level. One team, one score.
We never compromise on identity. You should never compromise yours either. We want you to bring your whole self to Auth0. If you’re passionate, practice radical transparency to build trust and respect, and thrive when you’re collaborating, experimenting and learning – this may be your ideal work environment. We are looking for team members that want to help us build upon what we have accomplished so far and make it better every day. N+1 > N.
What's the opportunity?
Auth0 started in 2013 with a tagline "Identity made simple for developers". Simplicity is one of our core principles. Achieving simplicity in a complex domain like Identity is actually a hard problem. It spawns multiple personas: developers, product managers, architects, security engineers, IT admins and last but not least, the end user trying to access an application. And we are also at the center of multiple workflows: configuration, user management, operations, troubleshooting, authentication, authorization, enterprise SSO setup, among others.
You will join a distributed and diverse Product Design team. You will be part of a triad (Prod Mgr, Eng Mgr and Design) and will have direct impact throughout the product development lifecycle. We are looking for a Product Designer that is a team player and feels comfortable working closely with engineers and product managers to solve complex problems.
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers and Engineers representing the design team, prioritizing together with a triad, facilitating design discussions and providing feedback.
- Own the design process on the team from beginning to end: making use of existing research and analytics as well as suggesting new ones; thinking and designing flows, sketches, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Participate in research and communicate insights to help the team understand the customer problems we are solving.
- Explore multiple directions for the problems you are solving.
- Transform challenging workflows into simple, usable and elegant experiences for developers.
- Think how to strategically roll out your designs in small steps to validate your assumptions.
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from peers, product teams, and other stakeholders.
- Iterate on work based on the feedback you get from the team, and always participate in giving feedback to improve the work of the team as a whole.
- Work extremely close with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Work together with designers on other product teams to keep work consistent, as well as working towards raising the quality and improving our team processes and principles.
You might be a good fit for this role if you:
- Have experience designing digital products, ideally with experience working with enterprises (B2B).
- Are a big fan of the entire product development process: from researching and problem solving to detailed UI and interaction design.
- Communicate early ideas through flows and low fi sketches to facilitate discussions and get early feedback.
- Know how to make use of qualitative and quantitative data to back up your design decisions as well as suggest new research.
- Have a great ability to design polished, high-fidelity mockups and prototypes of your solutions using tools such as Sketch, Figma, InVision.
- Can work within an existing design system and know when to break out and create new, extensible patterns.
- Know how to break big problems into smaller experiments to validate assumptions faster.
- Have great written and verbal communication skills to help people across the company to understand the rationale behind your proposals.
- Are comfortable working in a remote environment.
- Bonus: you've worked in products for developers.