POSTED 22 Apr
Senior Solutions Architect / Developer
This is a full time work from home position open to candidates anywhere in the United States.Cavulus is seeking a senior solutions architect with extensive software development experience in an AWS environment to design and implement new microservices. This position will provide guidance to multiple development teams on which AWS services to leverage for any given goal, and work with them to implement selected services. Projects will leverage microservice architecture patterns and serverless solutions. Solutions will be implemented with CI/CD pipelines built through infrastructure as code.The successful candidate will bridge the gap between software development and infrastructure by creating innovative serverless solutions that are are robust, scalable, and maintained through automation.Preference will be given to candidates who possess excellent soft skills as this position will work with a wide variety of teams on a daily basis.Candidates that do not have signifiant experience with serverless microservices will not be considered. A code sample will be required.
- Must be detail orientated, have excellent communications skills, and a high aptitude for technical information
- 2+ years architecting and implementing microservices and serverless solutions in AWS
- 3+ years software development experience in Node.js, Python, Go, or Ruby
- 3+ years experience with AWS
- Experience with CI/CD implementations for containerized and serverless applications
- A detailed knowledge of a wide variety of AWS services, their limitations, and how they are best applied to various development scenarios.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Economics, or similar
- Working knowledge of Terraform or Cloudformation
- AWS Solutions Architect or DevOps Certifications
- 100% remote position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k/Roth plans with company matching contributions
- Paid Time Off
TeamMost of our team works over 40 hours most weeks. Not because of unrealistic deadlines, but rather because we love what we do and strive to be the best. We choose to work hard because it is rewarding. Our contributions are acknowledged by our managers, and our successes praised. We empower our team to make decisions rather than asking for approval. Micromanaging doesn't exist here. We encourage taking risks and sometimes failing, because we understand that's how we get better.
We believe our philosophy builds trust, encourages growth, and drives new ideas. We believe in each other. If you're the type of person that has always looked at things and wished you had the autonomy to fix them without red tape, knowing you have a team that will back you up, this might be the place for you.