POSTED 7 Apr
Associate Dean, Medical Assisting
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.Associate DeanIn support of this, the Associate Dean’s role is to assist in creating an environment where active, motivated students efficiently complete course objectives and the faculty can teach in an environment of academic success in an online environment and is responsible for maintaining the integrity of their assigned academic program(s).Essential Functions:
- Academic Leadership – provide leadership for and coordination of all assigned academic programs, including strategic planning, resource allocation, implementation, faculty observation and evaluation.
- Academic Operations – provide leadership for and coordination of the operational function of the academic mission of the college including the development revision and maintenance of the curriculum.
- Faculty Training and Development – provides and monitors the effectiveness of orientation programs for new full and part-time faculty. Facilitates, monitors, and evaluates faculty professional development.
- Faculty Recruitment and Retention – In conjunction with the Dean, determines and executes best practices for campus faculty retention.
- Student Retention – with Dean, assesses effectiveness of instructional delivery as it relates to student retention
- Accreditation and Compliance--Maintain departmental compliance with State, accrediting body, and Federal regulatory agencies
- Represent the college – exhibits initiative, enthusiasm, and teamwork in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position. Also, represent the college at events and activities when the dean is unavailable.
- Physical demands- Sitting at a desk with intermittent walking, standing; for up to eight hours, bending, and occasionally lifting objects (up to 15 pounds). Work is performed in an office and in a classroom.
- Point of contact for SSAs, coordinate with Student Services
- Responsible for all LIs and working with them directly to identify and help students
- One on one assistance to the LIs of the needs of students in their courses
- Ensure the LI is participating in enhanced student engagement
- Communicate at-risk students to LIs
- In class student mastery for LIs
- Coaching, training, metrics tracking for LIs
- Ensure student contact troubleshooting issues have been satisfactorily resolved by the Lis (lost power cord, lost internet service, general computer malfunctions follow-up)
- Verify possible “Ws” and other paperwork (Medical, etc) for students with the LIs is done properly
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of one educational degree higher than the highest degree offered in the program.
- Minimum three to five years of teaching experience (preferably post-secondary)
- Meet educational and work experience requirements for teaching in the program.
- Detail oriented.
- Experience in Distance education delivery
- Ability to communicate well both written and verbally
- Computer savvy on industry software, including MS Office Suite. Experience with CampusVue preferred.
- Working in high-stress situations
- Communications proficiency
- Business acumen
- Collaboration skills
- Customer service skills
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.