POSTED 9 Apr
Campaigner (Campaign Success Team)
Change.org is searching for a Campaigner to join our newly formed Campaign Success Team, which is turbo-charging Change.org’s effort to help citizen activists achieve extraordinary things.
We’re a social impact business (a public benefit company), and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 80m monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, 150 staff, and a new revenue model that has grown by 500% in 2 years. We’re growing quickly, and our users win campaigns for change once every hour. From strengthening hate crime legislation in South Africa; fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil; to fighting violence against women in India.
We are looking for a Campaigner who is great at talking to users over text and has a passion for expanding our platform to mobilize hundreds of millions of people to take deeper civic action.
In this role you’d report to our Director of Campaign Success and serve as a key member of our newly-launched Campaign Success team. You’ll help us to reach out to thousands of petition starters per week over text, offering encouragement and advice to help them run successful campaigns and make the change they want to see. You’ll also be part of a team that combines world class campaigning experience and brilliant product and engineering capacity to make new brand new tools for civic participation.
You’re a perfect fit for this role if your superpowers are communication and laser-like focus on outcomes.
- Work ~6 hours a day using prepared scripts and a little ingenuity to text petition starters to give them advice on how to succeed
- Reporting on emergent themes and trends from users
- Coming up with suggestions for new ways to improve the service we offer to Change.org users
- Attend and participate in daily 30 minute standups and 1 weekly strategic meeting
The most important capabilities for the role are:
- Excellent communication skills, including instant messaging and verbal skills
- Data savvy and numerate - The ability to interpret reports and conduct simple analysis of content performance
- User empathy - The ability to put oneself in the shoes of our petition starters and work a diversity of personalities
Additional capabilities we’ll consider:
- Experience writing copy for the web in a digital marketing or social media management context
- Professional experience with digital marketing, online campaigning, or social media
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
This is a fixed term position for 3 months (with a possibility of extension!), and it can be done from any US city remotely, as long as you’re reasonably accessible in Pacific Time working hours.
Change.org is a global company, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city. (For example, a salary of $51,000 in San Francisco $49,500 in New York or $42,300 in Charlotte, NC). In exceptional circumstances, we may offer below the listed salary for high potential candidates with less experience, or above it for candidates with significantly more experience.
Our team is high impact, low ego, and has an amazing culture to be part of.
We are accepting applications until April 30th, 2020 but will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Our interview process will consist of a take-home assessment and a video meeting with our Director and Deputy Director of Campaign Success.
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability status.