POSTED 15 May
at Circa Interactive
Circa Interactive is passionate about establishing a new way of thinking in enrollment marketing. By amplifying a university’s unique story, executing data-driven paid advertising campaigns, leveraging innovative technology and working with faculty members to inspire content creation, we connect colleges and universities with the students who will help change our world and push forward big ideas.
There is an incredible demand for this way of thinking in higher education, and we are growing fast. Our clients include some of the top institutions in the U.S. and the world, and we are looking for the best of the best to join our team, teach us new things and help us deliver even more value to our academic partners.
Why We Need You
Since 2011, Circa has developed a reputation as innovative, dependable, and always willing to go above and beyond for our partners. As we grow, it is more important than ever that we focus on these areas, and we are seeking people who are innovative, dependable, and driven. We are a culture that values experience and knowledge, and we need someone who can help us continue delivering a high-quality experience that exceeds expectations.
Circa Interactive is seeking a talented and detailed-oriented individual to serve as a copywriter who is forward-thinking and creative. You should possess a foundational knowledge of copywriting, a commitment to tight and accurate copy, a passion for working collaboratively with a creative team, and a desire to help our university partners tell and scale great stories.
You should have experience writing ad copy for the digital space, including Google Ads, Facebook, and Instagram ads, as well as other conversion-focused copy like drip campaigns, brochure copy, and website copy. You’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion; dedicated to constantly learning and growing; and motivated to take on new challenges.
This is a full-time role in San Diego, and we are happy to help new employees relocate. We will also entertain a remote option if we find the right candidate.
As a copywriter, you’ll work directly with our creative team, including the brand manager, art director, writers and designers, director of communications, and VP of marketing and communications, to help our university partners tell the most effective, engaging stories and ensure our copy and creative is consistent with the brand while helping optimize content for performance in paid channels and SEO.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with the creative team, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable creative initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Write ad copy, landing pages, microsite copy, emails, brochures, etc. and collaborate with the creative team to develop brand strategy/creative guides.
- Help pinpoint target audiences and create content to engage that audience.
- Interview stakeholders at universities to discover their unique story.
- Work with editors and copy editors to revise content based on feedback from the creative team and clients.
- Ensure that all content is brand consistent, relevant to the client’s program, grammatically correct, properly sourced, and tells engaging stories.
- Demonstrate a commitment to constant growth and improvement.
- Work with the creative team to help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall content production process.
- Communicate with the creative team via Asana.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two to five years of experience as a copywriter for a publication, marketing firm, or content creation company
- Experience working on marketing/advertising campaigns—from developing an overarching vision to producing compelling copy
- Understanding of and/or past experience creating integrated content across marketing channels, including digital, social media, paid media, mobile, as well as offline mediums and print
- Demonstrated ability working and collaborating with diverse teams
- Commitment to brand consistency
- Familiarity with AP and The Chicago Manual of Style
- Journalism experience a plus
- Familiarity with Asana is a plus but not required
Salary and Benefits
The starting salary for this position will be between 55k-65k annually.
As for benefits, we offer many!
- We offer a great 401k plan and match your contributions up to 4%.
- The cost of your health insurance is 50% covered by Township.
- The cost of vision and dental insurance is 50% covered by Circa for both you and your family.
- We are proud to offer twelve weeks of paid maternity leave (50% of your salary) any time you add a new member to your family.
- We go on team-wide retreats about every nine months so we can learn together and have some fun.
- Every year we’ll give you $1,500 to spend attending industry-relevant conferences or classes.
- Our team works on a flexible schedule and we try to limit meetings as much as possible. You can get your work done each day at the time that works best for you.
About Circa Interactive
Through innovative, creative and analytical solutions, our mission is to help higher education institutions achieve their marketing and student enrollment goals as efficiently and effectively as possible. We are committed to preserving brand integrity, amplifying program awareness, building thought leadership and generating high-quality inquiries for our partner institutions.