POSTED 27 Mar
Director of Product Management
As the Director of Product Management at CircleCI, you will lead and mentor a product management team that works closely with Engineering, Design and Marketing to create an intuitive, cohesive and delightful customer experience for users across all CircleCI products and platforms.
About Product Management at CircleCI:The Product Management team is responsible for the product strategy and roadmap, and execution and delivery. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact, and is measurable and achievable.
What you’ll do:
- Lead multiple product management teams and align the talent, tools, and processes with the business goals.
- Define the product strategy for your area of ownership, develop and identify the key measures of success, set expectations with all relevant stakeholders, and effectively prioritize across initiatives, teams and functions
- Coach product managers as they break down complex problems, develop strategies and plans to solve them, and help them collaborate to deliver solutions
- Use your knowledge of best practices to direct product management teams across the full product life cycle, from user research to requirements refinement to prototyping to production and ultimately sunset
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative product management process with an eye for continuous improvement
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and rapidly develop opportunity assessments, product briefs, user stories, etc. if necessary
- Attract, inspire, mentor, and grow top product management talent
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years direct product management experience
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of product managers
- Ability to mentor product managers, engineers and/or designers in how to work together to build great products
- Ability to lead the product management of large, complex systems of interactions across a multitude of touchpoints - web, mobile, API, CLI, etc.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex business needs and user issues into clean, understandable solutions
- Ability to lead, coach, inspire, and motivate a team to create and deliver truly remarkable work
- Ability to attract and recruit exceptional talent
- Ability to communicate effectively with and influence different audiences
- Work experience in start-ups or evidence you thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in Agile and/or Lean environments
- Knowledge of current trends in product management, best practices, and processes
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred