POSTED 11 Apr
Senior Product Manager - Server
As the Senior Product Manager for our Server offering, you will be working as part Product Manager, part Program Manager. Our Server offering is our single-tenant, dedicated solution that is deployed by some of our largest customers on their own infrastructure who have unique security, compliance or regulatory needs. You will work directly with the Server engineering team to build key features that our Server customers require. You will also work closely with the rest of the Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure the needs of the Server customer are deeply ingrained into all of our new features being delivered. You will provide process expertise and technical guidance for the Product Management organization to deliver a best-of-breed single-tenant experience, deeply understanding our business drivers and key success metrics while regularly identifying, advocating for, and piloting process improvements.
Overview of Team:The Product Management team is responsible for the product strategy, roadmap, and execution. Because developers are our customers (and we’re a huge user of our own service), Product Management and Engineering work together closely to understand the needs of our users, and jointly define the product vision. We work in cross-functional teams, use data and user-research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering features quickly and continuously improving them, and love to talk to our users. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact, and is measurable and achievable.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and articulate the product strategy for our single-tenant, Server offering, and effectively present and influence key stakeholders on the merits of the strategy.
- Define MVP, prioritize features, build agreement and coordinate product schedules with a team of engineers and designers to ship top quality experiences to Server customers on a regular cadence
- Build and maintain our Server roadmap to delight our users while growing the business
- Define methods and metrics for measuring success and failure of our Server offering while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives, and constantly track performance
- Work directly with other product managers, designers and engineers to incorporate the needs of the Server customer with their features to ensure a cohesive and complete experience for our Server user.
- Identify and coordinate the interdependencies amongst the various product initiatives as it relates to the Server offering and its unique release cadence
- Work with Release Engineering to build, manage and improve our packaging and release process for our Server offering
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of product management experience, ideally in SaaS and / or packaged software
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and the ability to articulate the rationale behind those decisions
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience working with a variety of product management strategies and techniques, with a clear understanding of the pros and cons of each and how and when to apply them effectively
- Demonstrated ability in breaking down complex problems, developing strategies and plans to solve them, and effectively collaborating with teams to deliver solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Solid understanding of how software is built, tested and released to customers
- Experience working for an engineering-driven company a plus
- Startup experience a plus
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery concepts a plus