POSTED 11 Mar
Python Automation Engineer, Data Pipelines
Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you'll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare. Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.This position is for an experienced Python software engineer, with a passion for writing tests, to join our 5 person Test Automation team. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of putting Python to work in data-oriented products.About Us
- Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors
- Our data engineering stack run on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we're currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
- Design and build a CI pipeline for the Data Engineering Python codebase.
- Spearhead the process of establishing a modern CI/CD suite for data pipelines.
- Deploy and maintain CI servers within AWS, CircleCI, and other partners.
- Write documentation and guides, be an advocate and mentor to the Data team with regards to Test Automation.
- Minimum 2-4 years of professional experience developing software using Python.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests in Pytest.
- Experience with shell scripting (bash, zsh).
- Experience with SQL.
- Able to troubleshoot test failures and build consistency issues.
- Able to investigate intermittent CI server failures due to infrastructure shortcomings.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Able to effectively manage time; balance failure investigation with completing sprint tasks.
- Experience building and maintaining Docker images.
- CircleCI experience is a plus.
- Work remotely provided you have 5 hours of overlap with the team in the U.S. Our core hours are 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST.
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page