POSTED 21 May
E-Commerce & Conversion Rate Optimization Manager
at Evergreen Supply
We're a rapidly growing outdoor sporting goods and clothing company. We design, manufacture, market and sell our own brands on Amazon.com. We are a market leader in many product categories such as sleeping bags, cots, ski gloves, ski goggles, running gloves, stand up paddles, surfing accessories, headwear and more.
We’re looking for a highly quantitative, analytical, creative, curious and proactive person to join as our E-Commerce & Conversion Rate Manager. In particular, we’re looking for someone to optimize the conversion rates of our 100+ products on Amazon in a scalable way.
This role is highly multi-disciplinary, requiring you to wear several hats:
- Product Manager: you’ll have to understand all our products and the various demographics that buy them
- Business Analyst: you’ll have to go through our sales, conversion rate and traffic reports every week to identify struggling products, areas for improvement and sales trends
- Creative Director & Copy Editor: you’ll go through our products on Amazon, looking for opportunities to improve conversion rates through better model/lifestyle photos, videos and copywriting
- Project Manager: you may set the vision and help manage large photo/video shoots of our products as we seek to improve the quality and conversion rates of all our listings
Here are a few specific things you will work on:
- Track our products’ conversion rates and traffic by week and month, take action when necessary. Example: one of our sleeping bag's sales dropped 25% Y/Y. Why is this happening? Is this a traffic or conversion rate issue?
- Prioritize products based on their sales and conversion rate potential improvement.
- Approve/edit/test copy: take the existing copy and edit/approve it. The copy should be a mix between informative, somewhat entertaining/personable, benefits (not features) oriented and keyword rich.
- Continuously split test our images and copy to optimize conversion rates (note: we use splitly.com for our Amazon A/B testing)
- Understand each product's customer demographics. Example: we found that an older demographic buys our white arm sleeves (for sun protection) while a younger demo buys our black sleeves (for sports like basketball and football). How do we appeal to each demographic?
- Communicate issues with the Sales & Marketing & Creative teams to solve issues. Example: based on the competition, here are a few ideas on how we can improve conversion rates on this product
- Ask the creative team to callout features about our product in the listing images. Example: many customer reviews rave about the sweatband liner on this hat. Can we add a photo of this sweatband?
- Identify ways to improve our listings. Example: customers keep asking about whether this product works with soft-top surfboards. Can we include this in the listing?
- Understand how the Amazon ranking algorithm works — the algorithm is an ever-changing black box. We must understand it as much as possible in order to maximize conversion rates
- Track our product’s keyword rankings on Amazon to understand which searches are driving the most revenue for us on Amazon. What keywords are driving the revenue for us? On which keywords do we have to be #1 to maximize profit?
Your Experience at the Company:
- You'll work directly with the CEO and Director of Operations
- You will have access to all our sales and profitability reporting
- You must be okay with morning or late evening calls to talk with the team in the Philippines or on the US East Coast
- You will meet with your teammates 4 times per year in the Philippines. Here's our company structure: 15 in PH, 3 in the US (including CEO), 2 in China, 1 in the UK
- Creative team (4): graphic design, product/packaging design, photo shoots, video shoot speccing
- Sales & Marketing (5): listing optimization, keyword research, PPC advertising, display advertising, copywriting, SEO partnerships
- Branding & Marketing (1): high-level branding, guidance on product listings
- Customer Happiness (3): customer support, handwritten letters to customers
- Development (2): automating processes, scraping data, providing data-driven insights
- Strategy & Operations (2): business analytics, forecasting, sales analysis, inventory management
- China team (2): sourcing, manufacturing, quality control, vendor management, logistics
Traits / Experience We're Looking for:
- Experience in e-commerce management and conversion rate optimization
- Extremely proactive and communicative
- Extremely quantitative and analytical: amazing with Excel, possible experience with other data analysis tools like Tableau or Chart.io
- Curious and eager to learn
- Friendly and personable, yet ﬁrm and able to keep others accountable
- Operations experience a multi-million dollar revenue business
- Experience in Amazon, e-commerce, digital marketing (SEO/SEM), operations is a huge plus
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum and Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) as those are the systems we use
- Hard working: Must be willing and able to work up to 60 hours per week occasionally
- Travel: will travel to the Philippines 4x per year for our quarterly Get Togethers. You might also travel to Puerto Rico and locations across the US to attend conferences. You may also take trips to China to visit/understand our manufacturing and supply chain operations (unfortunately, this is on hold for the time being due to the pandemic).
Salary & Benefits:
- Pay: $4000+ USD per month depending on experience and skills with 10% year-end target bonus
- Employer-reimbursed health insurance up to $200 per month
- 21 days paid time off
- Remote work, no commute: work from the comfort of your home, local coffee shop or resort.
Fast, reliable internet is an absolute must.
- References: 3-5 necessary
If you're interested in this job, please send us the following information:
- Your favorite business books and podcasts
- Your favorite outdoors activity/sport and your most memorable outdoors trip
- How we can we improve the listings below (images, copy, Enhanced Brand Content, video, branding)? The more specific you can be, the better.
- We have 8 SKUs of ski gloves/mittens. How would you go about optimizing this category of products? Would you optimize them one by one or several at once? How would you decide? What metrics would you consider?
- Your experiences (written, video, audio) about how your past experiences have prepared you for the responsibilities of this job
- Resume including 3-5 references
We can't wait to meet you!