POSTED 11 May
Senior Node.js Engineer
DescriptionDo you live for beautiful APIs? Do you take pride in knowing your API and server work is clean, fast and scalable? Are you the one person to turn to when data needs to be perfectly structured, normalized and redundant? Would you love to have a team of designers turn your API data into compelling customer interactions?Exodus is looking for a meticulous leader to focus on our backend API services. As a Senior Node.JS Engineer, you believe strongly in testing and use your analytical skills to solve complex problems.
What You'll Do
- Submit pull requests for critical back-end servers coded in Node.js, which talk to Exodus Wallet clients.
- Write loads of tests to ensure code performs as expected.
- Work closely with our partner services to ensure long-term API compatibility and stability.
- Open dialogues with our customer support engineers to understand what can be improved about the exchange experience in Exodus, and act on that understanding.
Who You Are
- You have a long history and track record of Node.js development that can be demonstrated via Github.
- You take initiative and don't wait for direction.
- You have a passion for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and demonstrated the ability to solve problems.
- You have an understanding of relational database concepts and have designed some relational database schemas in the past.
- You don't care if the platform is Azure or AWS and have some experience with at least one.
- You are willing to be available regardless of when server issues occur.
Frameworks & Languages
- REST / GraphQL
Characteristics of a Senior Node.JS Engineer, straight from our very own
- Driven. Being a self-starter is crucial for success.
- Excellent Communicator. Being fully remote means the team needs to effectively articulate what is needed to move projects forward.
- Passionate. Exodus is not a job. Its a mission everyone believes in.
- Empathetic. Having the ability to give and receive feedback is instrumental in individual growth and company growth.
What we Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation of the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow. The sky is the limit if you're hungry to succeed.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live.
- Competitive compensation package.
Our Hiring ProcessAt Exodus, we pride ourselves on hiring people from all around the world. We work with individuals from various backgrounds; some traditional and some a bit more unconventional.Our hiring process focuses on 2 pillars.
- Efficiency. You can expect the process to take between one and two weeks. We know what it’s like to wait weeks for a recruiter to get back to you and want to be respectful of your time.
- Transparency. We anticipate you asking questions and will answer with the utmost candor.