POSTED 6 Mar
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, administration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and configurations in a highly available, hybrid, customer-facing environment.Key Responsibilities:
- Ongoing configuration, administration, and optimization of hardware, networks, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with prescribed standards and project/operational requirements.
- Contribute to ongoing database administration and maintenance efforts, including administration of underlying operating systems, packages, storage, and related technologies
- Develop, maintain, and implement installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards related to security, availability, and reliability.
- Utilizing system orchestration, automate the configuration, monitoring, and management of services and systems. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Work with development, devops, and technical support teams to triage, diagnose, and resolve operational issues related to customer-facing services and applications
- Ongoing administration of segmented networks spanning multiple geographic locations; administration of firewalls, routers, switches, and their related configurations including segmentation, routing, VPN, etc.
- Strong proficiency with headless, RPM-based Linux operating systems, and experience with their implementation in a large (50+ servers), customer-facing production environment. Must be very comfortable with command line administration.
- Strong automation skills, able to leverage configuration management software (Puppet, Ansible preferred) for infrastructure-wide monitoring, configuration, and management.
- Proficiency in scripting and developing applications in one or more languages (Bash, Python, Perl, PHP, etc.).
- Experience with relational databases (SQL, MySQL, Postgres, etc.) and their ongoing administration and maintenance.
- Working proficiency within Amazon Web Services, including some combination of networking (VPC, ACL, Route Tables, Security Groups, DIrect Connect), instances (EC2, ECS, ECR), databases (RDS, DynamoDB), automation (CloudFormation), and access control (IAM).
- Solid understanding of open source web technologies such as Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Redis.
- Proficiency with networking, routing, firewalls, VPN, and related technologies and standards
- Firm understanding of information security and a proactive approach to ensuring alignment with industry best practices and standards.
- Working proficiency with version control systems (Git).
- Experience with monitoring and logging software like Nagios, Icinga, Cacti, Graphite, Observium, Kibana, and Logstash.
- Highly self-directed, with an exceptional work ethic, able to prioritize and remain proactive.
- Exceptional powers of deduction, able to troubleshoot complex issues with a calm, methodical approach.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail, able to function well in a team.
- MySQL: performance tuning, normalization and constraints, database replication, backups, and restores, event scheduler
- Elasticsearch clusters
- Solaris 10+ or OmniOS
- f5 Load Balancers
- Watch for problems in our monitoring systems, diagnose and resolve remotely
- Work with other technology departments to deploy new software versions and ensure stability
- Work towards reducing repeating yourself. Know how to automate and when to automate
- Improve our infrastructure and monitoring systems to allow us to be more proactive in resolving impending issues before customers see them
- Implement new architectures to support the ongoing evolution of our products