POSTED 30 Apr
Senior Database Infrastructure Engineer
GitHub is looking for engineers to join our Database Infrastructure team. We are a team passionate about the availability, performance and stability of the databases that power GitHub. As a database infrastructure engineer, you will work with the team to scale our database tier and craft the next generation of tools to improve the speed at which we iterate and build new things.The Infrastructure team is highly distributed and we thrive in an environment of remote work and asynchronous communication. You have effective written communication skills and are able to develop working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe. As a member of our team, you'll always be challenged to solve unique and interesting problems that have real impact on how the world builds software.Qualifications:
- You have a track record of building infrastructure automation.
- Significant experience with MySQL infrastructure
- Deep understanding of monitoring and troubleshooting
- Experience with operations in a large production environment
- You use a pragmatic approach to decision-making and design choices.
- Experience building highly available systems at scale.
- Interest in or experience with systems languages, particularly Go.
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Redis and/or Memcached.
- History of success in a remote work environment.
- Customer Obsessed
- Trust by Default
- Ship to Learn
- Own the Outcome
- Growth Mindset
- Global Product, Global Team
- Anything is Possible
- Practice Kindness