POSTED 19 May
Senior DevOps Engineer
Hopin is the first all-in-one live online events platform where attendees can learn, interact, and connect with people from anywhere in the world.
Our mission: Better connections, better planet.The event industry is massive, but there are two major problems with it: environmental damage and inaccessibility. Billions of people around the world attend thousands of events every year, but not everyone has the ability to participate in events and every event has a carbon footprint. At Hopin, our mission is to address both of these issues by providing a sustainable solution that is accessible to everyone.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit's Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
The roleHopin is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious! We're looking for someone with strong experience in DevOps, that can maintain and build upon our existing infrastructure. We currently don't have a DevOps team and are looking for someone who can start implementing processes, create structure and build a team. We're excited to be working with someone who is highly motivated, comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment and is happy to work with a remote team. We're currently a team of 44, and you will be directly reporting to the Tech Lead.
- Come in and create systems and processes from scratch
- Maintain our existing infrastructure
- Work on the overall architecture of our platform
- Have strong focus on automation and efficiency
- Think strategically about how to evolve our products
- Have a desire and ability to solve open-ended problems in a highly-functional way
- Collaborate effectively with other team members to find solutions to problems
- Accountable for all parts of the software development lifecycle
- Leads code reviews and actively provides feedback on others’ designs/code
- Makes tactical vs. strategic tradeoffs
- 6+ years of experience working in commercial environment doing SRE, devops, sysadmin, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in lead / management DevOps role
- Demonstrable experience learning new technologies on your own
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS or GCP
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Familiar with SQL databases, either PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Familiar with a Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge in best practices for the whole software development cycle (TDD/CI/CD) and agile methodologies.
- Good knowledge of version control
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Great written and spoken English
- Able to work directly with business stakeholders - can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Comfort with collaboration, reaching across teams, and focusing on business outcomes.
Nice to have:
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis or Memcache
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Knowledge of Terraform, Chef, Puppet or alternative
- Experience with monitoring tools like New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog