POSTED 1 Jun
Senior Content Strategist and Writer
at Interaction Design Foundation
Would you like to help us grow to become the world’s best and most recognized design school on the planet? At the Interaction Design Foundation, we’ve helped more than 75,000 designers around the world improve their careers—and we want you to help us shape the future of online design education.Are you a Content Strategist and Writer who wants to do the best work of your life? If you’re hungry to develop yourself professionally even more as well, you’ve come to the right place!
What can we offer?
- A full-time, fully remote position with the world’s biggest online design school.
- You will have daily video-based contact with your colleagues and will get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times a year in different places on the planet.
- The chance to impact the lives of millions of designers around the world and shape the future of design education.
- A team of true professionals and a smooth onboarding process with a personal mentor.
- The opportunity to do the best work of your life—providing you’re willing to invest hard work.
- A culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect.
What will you be doing?You will be working closely with the design team, the member support team, the growth team and the editorial team. Your responsibilities will consist of several dimensions. To some extent, they can be adapted to your skills and interests.Ahead of you is a highly rewarding and enriching journey on which you will make an impact as you:
- Create a content strategy and then execute on that strategy—e.g., create brilliant articles that engage with our audience and draw them to become members on our platform.
- Form and maintain partnerships with popular UX blogs, design organizations and other players in the design industry.
- Manage and lead in our SEO efforts—for instance, find out which new design topics are starting to trend and work with other teams to make us rank high in these keywords.
- Take the lead in fine-tuning and improving communications with our members across our website, email and social media.
- If you’re qualified, maintain and refine our unique tone and brand voice so it distinguishes the Interaction Design Foundation as a premier world-class UX design authority—resulting in lasting brand recognition and member loyalty.
- Apply your talent to other important areas.
- You are an expert wordsmith with an eagle eye for the tiniest details and a keen ear for flow. You know perfection is in the sum of everything you do, and each word matters deeply to you.
- You understand that execution eats strategy for breakfast—that what’s more important than a strategy is your ability to execute it. You know that you will only accomplish your goals through solid judgment, hard work and diligence.
- You love the magic of combining perfect grammar with a conversational house style that can reach readers across the globe.
- You have more than 5 years of hands-on experience with growth, content and communication work. As a result, you have outstanding communication skills.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement and goals. Mediocrity gives you the chills.
- Your responsibilities will range widely, so you’re adept at dividing broad duties into small, executable tasks and not lose sight of your overall goals. “Getting stuff done” is your middle name.
- You love a perfect result but are keenly aware of the law of diminishing returns—when to apply it, or when to go all in.
- Although you consider yourself a seasoned professional, you get restless if you feel you are not learning something new every week.
- You have strong social intelligence and empathy—and the ability to engage well with different types of people through writing.
- You have a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in User Experience, HCI, Information Technology, Communications, or another related field.
- You are a native or bilingual English speaker.
- Please send us your resume and either a portfolio that showcases your relevant skills to the role, or links to the top 3 articles you have written that you think reflect the best of your skills.
Bonus PointsYou get bonus points if you …
- have worked as an editor.
- have a passion for, or are proficient in, design.
- have experience as a team lead.
- have experience working remotely.
- are already a member of the Interaction Design Foundation.