POSTED 15 Apr
Quality Assurance Specialist
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and, with 10 million users and over 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide. Join our fully remote team of 60+ people and change the way people explore. Users love our high-quality product and have confirmed this by giving us a close to 5-star rating in the app stores. But as we don’t stop here we are looking for a passionate quality assurance specialist to join our team.
Your key responsibilities
- Continuously improve the quality of komoot’s mobile and web apps in a cross-functional team with developers, designers, copywriters, and product managers.
- Take ownership of the quality of all features in one part of our product.
- Define and refine quality standards and processes in your team for enabling high quality feature delivery in fast development cycles.
- Set up and maintain relevant tests and execute them for new and existing features.
- Keep an overview of bug reports and help us improve/ prioritize them in collaboration with our product, development and support teams.
- Test the product in real-world outdoor use cases.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work on an award-winning, global product where you’ll tangibly improve the user experience for millions of people.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your home or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented and smart people.
- You’ll work closely together with developers, designers and product managers to improve and streamline testing processes and tools.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learn and go for hikes and rides.
- You’ll feel challenged to continuously learn and excel in your domain.
- You’ll improve software that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, reliable and keen to learn and improve.
- Love to actively use and improve an awesome product for great user experience by manually testing it in real-world use cases.
- Have proven experience providing quality assurance support for high-quality mobile and web apps (3+ years).
- Understand that perfection is impossible but set it as the goal anyway.
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Have experience in working in a distributed team, have good communication skills and love to work together with others in fast development cycles.
Send us the following
Sounds like you?
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience.
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work.
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account or your blog.