POSTED 13 Apr
Banking and Payments Lead
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
The Banking and Payments team works cross-functionally across the company, focusing on sourcing of, negotiating with and collaborating with various banking and payment partners. As a Banking and Payments Lead, you will be responsible for driving Kraken’s growth by increasing and enhancing our best-in- class banking and payment infrastructure. You will be working alongside different teams across the company, such as finance, product and legal. As the ideal candidate you have experience working in either (transaction) banking, payments or another linked industry. You are ambitious, detail-oriented and crazy about all things crypto and like to get things done.
What you will do
- Build and maintain strong relationships with bank and payment processing partners
- Own the process to source and identify potential partners
- Engage potential bank partners to assess their viability and simultaneously communicate the value of working with Kraken
- Bring partners through the entire deal lifecycle from inception to close, including due diligence, contract negotiation, product integration, etc.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to ensure successful product integrations that deliver a superior client experience
- Work cross functionally within Kraken to drive process efficiency
- Collaborate with the Kraken strategy team to identify optimal priorities and growth opportunities
- Own the ongoing relationships to ensure an effective and efficient partnership
Who you are:
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a willingness to engage with others and build relationships
- 3-5 years of experience in business development or a related field in a relevant industry - FinTech, Crypto/Blockchain, Payments, Brokerage/Exchange, Banking, Other Financial Services, etc
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following languages: German, French, Spanish, Russian,Turkish
- Thorough understanding of the financial services industry with active set of current relationships
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Basic Knowledge of Financial Regulatory Compliance, including AML
- Experience driving multiple partnership deals through all phases - opportunity identification, business case, negotiation, legal review, and close
- Technical background and/or knowledge of software/internet products and services, a plus
- Strong analytical expertise, ability to develop financial cost models, revenue projections, etc.
- Knowledge of and strong interest in cryptocurrency