POSTED 25 May
Client Onboarding Specialist - APAC
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency. You must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
We’re accepting applicants for our Client Onboarding team, which provides first rate customer support to our high volume users and also performs client due diligence. Our team is one of the best in the industry, and we’re looking for people who can make us better. Many of us work remotely, but we’re in touch with each other constantly. We collaborate to solve tough problems and meet regularly to stay up to date on what’s going on in the company and industry. We have a great community, and many of us have become close friends.
- Responsible for ensuring a quick and seamless onboarding and account opening experience for our clients.
- Conduct client due diligence (KYC/CDD) on new clients.
- Research clients using open source research such as government registries, etc.
- Meet Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Coordinate directly with Compliance to obtain relevant KYC requirements.
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation and training materials in alignment with internal policies.
- Handle escalated onboarding cases.
- Participate in projects and any other special tasks assigned, such as automating key processes or leveraging technology solutions where appropriate.
- Strong ownership mentality.
- Strong written English communication skills.
- 2-3 years experience in the financial services or crypto industry.
- General understanding of KYC requirements
- Broad understanding of business models and industries and ability to analyze different kinds of businesses, including those in the crypto industry. Understanding of various corporate structures and beneficial ownership.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and research skills.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Loves helping people.
- Fluency with a second language is a plus.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.