POSTED 13 Apr
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world's largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we're growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let's change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
About the Role
*Please note, although this is a remote job, hours of work based on EST*
The Business Operations & Strategy team works cross-functionally across the company, focusing on high-impact strategic projects and data analyses. As a Strategy Manager you will be responsible for driving Kraken’s strategy by generating key insights to make critical strategic decisions.
You should be an ambitious individual who is excited by the challenge of solving tough, often ambiguous problems in this dynamic space. You should have the capabilities to independently manage projects from end to end without significant support and work cross-functional to get to a recommendation and execute on it.
You will be responsible making well-informed recommendations on the difficult questions we face by generating insights from data analysis and other creative means. You will need to communicate your findings and recommendations verbally and in concise, actionable reports. Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn everything cryptocurrency are a requirement for this role.
- Drive and own strategy projects from start to execution
- Be an integral member of the BizOps & Strategy team in developing the insights needed to chart the strategic direction and priorities of Kraken
- Structure complex and often ambiguous strategic problems for Kraken’s leadership team
- Analyze and understand all dimensions of the cryptocurrency ecosystem, and develop perspectives on relationships, opportunities and risks
- Develop and execute strategic and ambitious analyses to support strategy decision-making and to identify new organic and inorganic growth opportunities
- Develop metrics, analytics and insights to drive growth in key areas of the business, including pricing, product development, geographic expansion, ancillary services, M&A
- Conduct impact and ROI analyses to support prioritization of strategic initiatives across all key areas of the business, including sales and marketing, product development, operations, back office, etc.
- Strong strategic, creative thinking, and analytics skills
- Experience managing a full project life cycle
- Ability to analyze large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations
- Ability to establish strong working relationships across all levels of management, and to work collaboratively and independently
- Effective at communicating complex topics and influencing others
- Creativity, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and hands-on, roll-up your sleeves work ethic
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- 5-10 years of full-time work experience
- Interest in crypto and desire to develop expertise in the field
- Interest in trading and/or exchanges
- Excellent research and analytical skills, familiarity with PowerPoint/Keynote, and advanced proficiency in Excel
- Strong teammate that works well with various functions across the organization
- Self-starter that is capable of pushing forward projects independently
- Experience in trading, entrepreneurship, strategy consulting, private equity, investment banking, venture capital, or strategy roles in the financial services or technology industries
Nice to have
- Advanced Excel modeling, experience managing analysts / associates, trading experience, deep crypto industry knowledge
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.