POSTED 16 Mar
What You’ll Do
What You’ll Do
- Build high-performance map products for the web. Our core product features include our proprietary indoor / outdoor map data, point of interest data, search, navigation, API integrations and more used by millions of users.
- Work with other engineers on your team and within the company to imagine, design, and build tools and applications to make our products faster and easier to deploy.
- Collaborate with designers, Product Managers, and other engineers to design features and break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines.
- Build, document and maintain tests, features, and infrastructure.
- Communicate and document architectural designs and requirements.
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team.
- Include a short paragraph on your application about why you want to work for LocusLabs
- BS or higher in Computer Science or similar field.
- Ability to overcome obstacles autonomously, self-motivated, “get it done” attitude.
- You absolutely love crafting amazing web applications and products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. We know everyone says this, but we mean it! We have a distributed team and rely on team members that are well organized and can effectively communicate about their work progress, roadblocks, and dependencies.
- If you are working in a remote capacity, you have experience working with remote teams and understand the communication needs and dynamics of remote team environments.
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- The hiring process will consist of a phone interview, manager interview, drug screening, background check, reference checks, and potential employment assessment.
- Styled components
- Maps and geographic coordinate systems, mostly in Mapbox
- OpenGL / WebGL
- AWS - Lambda / S3 / DynamoDB
- REST / HTTP
- Gitlab, Storybook, and Figma