POSTED 30 Mar
Science ACT Prep Author
Mindojo, a developer of intelligent educational technology, is seeking an ACT Science prep author to join its team of test-prep content developers, initially working on content for the ACT.This is a remote contract position, preferably full time, with a minimum of a 6-month commitment expected.About UsOur existing prep courses for the CFA, GMAT, and GRE exams have quickly become popular, as they are the most powerful online prep options in their respective markets. Our system adapts learning assets to each student’s learning behaviors, reinforces strengths, and targets their weaknesses through personalized practice. As a result, students not only benefit from time-efficient learning methodologies but also improved performance on tests.Your RoleAs an ACT Science prep author, you will develop exam-style passages and questions that mirror the difficulty and nature of those found on the actual test to help students prepare for the ACT Science section. You may also be responsible for authoring ACT Science micro-lessons. You’ll unlearn the traditional approach to curriculum development and adapt to our non-linear, choose-your-own-adventure content style.We offer a full/part-time contract for a remote ACT Science prep author. You can work from wherever you wish and the work schedule is very flexible.More specifically, you will:
- Develop interactive learning content in collaboration with a brilliant team of professional content developers who share a passion for teaching;
- Ensure academic integrity through peer-review, providing and receiving constructive feedback to ensure the highest quality content;
- Contribute to overall course design and pedagogical guidelines; and
- After the course launches, utilize student learning data (via smart suggestions provided by our platform) and other forms of feedback to update and enhance the content further toward unprecedented levels of efficacy.
- At least 2 years experience tutoring or authoring ACT Science content.
- Proven ability to write high-quality, engaging content, preferably educational.
- Strong academic background, an undergraduate degree at minimum.
- Solid organizational skills and self-motivation to successfully meet deadlines.
- Perfect written and verbal English.
- At least 30 hrs/week to work with us (40+ hrs preferred)
- Being scored in the top percentile of the SAT, ACT, GMAT, or GRE.
- Experience in content development for test prep.
- Competitive compensation with significant bonuses based on the quality and productivity of your work.
- An energetic, knowledgeable, and friendly team of colleagues.
- Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home/anywhere.