POSTED 16 Apr
Senior Data Engineer
As a senior data engineer at Moveworks, you will be in one of the most visible cross-functional roles at Moveworks. As Moveworks’ data multiplies during a critical time of hypergrowth, your goal is to design and integrate systems that power processing of unstructured datasets to ultimately fine tune our product and achieve fully autonomous resolution of enterprise IT. You will be responsible to build out the data engineering platform on top of our data infrastructure that lets our internal product and engineering teams as well as customer teams derive value from this data. Given the nature of our data, this is a non-trivial but highly valuable endeavor.You are not only a strong software engineer, but you bring a passion for data and analytics to the table, and a track record of robust design experience. You thrive working in cross-functional teams between product, engineering, ML, and analytics, and you are looking to make substantial impact in the next stage of your career. Please note: this role is fully remote. While we welcome you to visit the Mountain View HQ on occasion and attend company events, that will not be required as part of this position. What will you do?
- Work with various internal teams and customers to gather requirements and deliver data solutions to address those requirements
- Model data and metadata to support analytics and reporting for different use cases
- Design and implement a data platform to process large, complex data sets
- Implement best practices around data integrity, validation, and documentation for data processing, reporting, and analysis
- Optimize data processing pipelines and storage performance
- Build the team of talented data engineers and coach them as the company grows
- You have 4+ years of experience as a data engineer, ideally with a cloud-based SaaS company
- Strong coding and design expertise
- Familiarity with latest data processing and warehousing technologies is required
- Hands on experience working with different teams for their data requirements
- Experience with some data stores, such as Postgres, MySQL, HBase, etc.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with large-scale machine learning pipelines is a plus
Who we are:
Moveworks is an AI first company with a singular focus: fully autonomous resolution of all enterprise IT. We are building a state of the art platform that combines natural language understanding, conversational interface, and automation to enable hundreds of millions of knowledge workers get work done faster. Our engineers built foundational systems are companies like Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, and Facebook, and we are now applying our expertise to build a first of its kind enterprise machine learning platform.
While we currently resolve 15-35% of all IT related requests autonomously at companies like Broadcom and Autodesk, we are just getting started. Our vision is to build a single AI platform where employees can come for help whenever they need anything from their respective companies - ranging from HR related help, facilities, legal, and more. This is all delivered through a conversational interface like Slack, Teams, or Google Chat for a fast, delightful, and frictionless user experience.
As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow with us. You’ll be part of a team that thinks in terms of we, not I. Together, we're focused on simplifying life for millions of people around the world in their most pressing hours of the day by giving them an effortless, magical way to resolve issues -- all powered by a strong form of AI.