POSTED 18 May
Growth Content Contract Writer (B2B)
Looking to add a long-term B2B content client to your account list that you actually look forward to working with?What if you could simply focus on what you enjoy—writing effective content—without needing to invent topics, wrangle renegade clients, or chase payments?It just so happens that we’re trying to find an amazing B2B contract writer to help us deliver engaging, effective growth content for our own clients. You’ll interview subject matter experts and produce blogs and other written content, moving it through our review process. Our editors help you cultivate your keen writing skills. Our strategists create the editorial calendar, complete with topics, keyword targets, and subject matter experts. Our client success managers handle all the wrangling.Our clients are brainiac B2B companies (IoT,Cybersecurity, SaaS), so you’re not going to be writing fluff or link bait. You’ll get to develop your chops and produce articles that actually make a difference.
What You’ll Experience
- You’ll focus on creating easy-to-understand, world-class content that our clients’ prospects love, without having to run all the account management stuff that you loathe.
- You'll conduct brief (20 minutes) subject matter expert interviews via video conference, with an eye toward turning the information into clear, informative content offerings.
- You'll write helpful & insightful content based on those interviews, plus a little of your own research from time to time, just to keep things spicy.
- You’ll work with the same client every month, which will allow you to develop rapport and knowledge of their industry.
- You’ll get to collaborate with our highly motivated remote team in order to help our clients succeed.
- You’ll have the opportunity to experience world-class editing, and you’ll be a part of a team of writers who are excited to improve their craft.
- You’ll be able to budget your time consistently each month to maximize your effectiveness. (A typical account may require 4,000-6,000 words monthly, via blog posts, case studies, content downloads. The total output stays fairly consistent.)
- You’ll be treated professionally and positively.
- We’re bold. As a completely remote growth content agency, Nectafy is on the front edge of redefining how a company works and interacts with clients—and delivers amazing results. We like to think of ourselves as pioneers...without the covered wagons.
- We’re curious. We love to learn and and we’re always up for a challenge. Every day is full of new opportunities. Like remembering which team member is in which time zone. (We’re in all four U.S. time zones and one time zone in Europe.)
- We’re efficient. We use the leanest, meanest tools.
- We’re fun, doggone it. We're a positive, encouraging team that knows how to get stuff done and smile while we’re doing it.
What We ValueOur core values are more than some words on a wall, we measure our actions and decisions by these five principles. We’re looking for a contract writer who operates a similar way. We value:
- Long-term solutions not quick fixes.
- Intentional learning not complacency.
- Radical excellence not industry standards.
- Personal leadership not passive reliance.
- Team success not personal status.
- Your own full-time B2B writing business.
- A love of writing (because you’ll be doing a lot of it).
- Excellent written communication skills, including impeccable grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- The ability to write strong copy and communicate complex ideas simply.
- Solid interviewing skills.
- The motivation to produce a high-quality final product with attention to detail.
- The ability to provide and receive respectful critique.
- Fun to be around (at least virtually)!
- Compensation is $180-$220 per standard blog post (600-800 words) based on the complexity of the client’s industry.
- Additional content types at per-piece rates.