POSTED 2 Apr
At Netlify, we're building a platform to empower web developers to build better, more elaborate web projects than ever before. We're aiming to change the landscape of modern web development. Netlify currently serves more than 800,000 developers worldwide.We recently raised $53M in Series C funding to bring forward the next generation of tooling for a more accessible web. This round was led by the EQT Ventures with participation from existing investors Andreessen Horowitz & Kleiner Perkins. This brings Netlify’s funding raised in total to $97M to date. Other past investors include Bloomberg Beta, Designer Fund, and Tank Hill Ventures, as well as the founders of Figma, GitHub, Slack and Yelp.Netlify is a diverse group of incredible talent from all over the world. We’re ~43% woman or non-binary, and are composed of about half as many nationalities as we are team members.
About the roleNetlify is looking to hire a Senior Accountant to help build a world-class finance & accounting team! This will be a foundational role that will help the company scale efficiently and set the company's accounting department for success in the future.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the accounting function (including month-end close, financial statement preparation, AP/AR, tax filings and other activities).
- Review payroll reconciliations, expense accruals, deferred rent, and other accounts as part of month-end close
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager and Head of Finance in managing month-end, quarter-end and annual close processes
- Partner cross-functionally in order to make improvements across all accounting process (automating reconciliations, report preparation, and reviewing accounting transactions)
- Assist in the administration of financial operations software (Airbase, TripActions, Expensify, QuickBooks, Braintree, etc.)
- Draft and propose accounting policies and procedures to help scale company
What are we looking for
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting or in Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience, preferably with a Big 4 accounting firm background
- Mix of both operational and technical accounting knowledge with emphasis on operational day to day accounting.
- Ability to understand systems and be able to streamline processes
- Proficiency with systems such as QBO, Expensify, Bill.com, and Excel (intermediate to advanced). Zuora system experience is strongly preferred.
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative startup environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies and solve problems.
- Would like this person to be familiar with some of the systems we use (strong preference for candidates who are familiar with Zuora).
- Thrives in a less structured environment and is able to work well with multiple departments. Startup experience is preferred.