POSTED 17 Mar
Software Engineer - C
Ockam is building SDKs for embedded systems, edge devices, and cloud. The Ockam code base is polyglot and built in a highly modular architecture. We utilize Rust, C, Elixir, and Golang in our stack.
You will be responsible for assisting our C development team with upholding the highest standards of architecture and open-source code quality. Our customers are developers, so our code must withstand the most critical scrutiny. This means everything from our APIs, to our build systems, to coding standards must be top-notch.
This role will involve
- Developing build, test & deployment frameworks
- Occasional refactoring of existing code
- Development of general purpose utilities in C
- Build automation tools
- Embedded development in ANSI-standard C
- Linux or Unix operating systems
- Git and GitHub's workflow
- Complex CMake build systems for multiple platforms
- CI pipelines
- Automated test frameworks
- 5+ years of experience as a C developer on Linux/Unix platforms
- 3+ years of experience as a CMake developer
- Experience developing automated build & test frameworks
- Experience with various communication protocols, such as: POSIX sockets, Bluetooth, LoRa, Zigbee.
- Development in an object-oriented programming language
This role will be based in Poland, but all Europeans are encouraged to apply.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply.
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first structured team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.