POSTED 11 May
Class Quality Specialist
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests (make it fun!) and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
We're growing fast: over 120,000 learners have enrolled in classes, and we're doubling our team this year. We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education, and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents. Now we have a successful, fast-growing business and recently announced $8.5M Series A funding.
As a Class Quality Specialist, you will help Outschool maintain and improve the quality of classes on our platform. You will work with our Class Quality Lead and other members of the quality team to evaluate the quality of classes, provide feedback to teachers and create ways to inspire teachers.
What you'll do
- Watch class recordings and provide individual feedback and coaching to teachers
- Provide quality control for new classes published on Outschool
- Investigate concerns identified by parents or teachers
- Contribute to professional development options for teachers
- Track teacher performance and intervene as necessary
- Other projects to improve class quality
Why you'll succeed
- You have 10+ years K-12 teaching experience, or similarly deep educational experience working with young learners
- You have experience working as an instructional coach
- You love working with people and helping them become better
- You enjoy problem solving and investigating issues
- You're a fast learner, especially with technology
- You have great communication skills
What you'll get
- Competitive salary
- Equity participation in the company's success
- An amazing team of talented and motivated colleagues
- Great benefits and generous medical coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- The opportunity to help kids love learning
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.