POSTED 24 Mar
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
About this role
Are you a capable, experienced Ops practitioner with a passion towards managing and scaling infrastructure? Have you ever been on-call and had to wake up in the middle of the night to resolve a major incident? Are you ready to spread the DevOps gospel? If so, we invite you to hang up your on-call pager and travel the world to spread the word about PagerDuty.
We are looking for a technically-savvy, code-capable communicator to join our team. Your goal is to help Dev and Ops teams advance the practice of their craft and become more operationally mature. You will do this through a combination of speaking, writing and coding. You will speak about important DevOps topics at various conferences and trade shows. You will author and publish a variety of useful content (articles, blog posts, videos, how-to's, etc); and you will write code to demonstrate the power of PagerDuty's products and platform.
- You will write, speak about, and help invent the future of DevOps.
- You will collaborate with PD customers and industry thought leaders both at PD and in the broader DevOps community to form a deep understanding of where the future of our industry is going.
- You will help push the practice of DevOps forward by writing about important topics that are relevant to the DevOps community.
- You will also deliver talks about these topics at industry conferences, trade shows, meetups and other events.
- Given your background and expertise, you will play an important role in inventing and evangelizing the next big important ideas in our space.
- Evangelize our products and gather product, market and competitive intelligence.
- You will champion our products in person and online by presenting at conferences, blogging, creating videos, writing technical tutorials, and a variety of other similar activities.
- You will design and deliver product demos to customers and potential customers, working in conjunction with Sales Engineering.
- You will represent the voice of the user back to our product team to make our products better.
- You will stay on top of emerging trends in our market and ecosystem.
- You will keep a pulse on the competition in key usage areas and markets, and you will communicate your findings to our product team to inform our product strategy.
- Code and help create an app ecosystem around PagerDuty.
- You will write sample open-source apps that extend PD's core features and are built on top of PD APIs. These sample apps will serve as examples that encourage developers to build and publish apps in our developer ecosystem.
- You will write code samples, tools and libraries for PagerDuty APIs.
- You will write add-ons, integrations and extensions to solve specific problems for customers.
- 4 years experience in ops, development, or another role that gives you real-world experience with devops, automation, monitoring, and incident response and resolution.
- Significant coding experience in 1-2 languages, high level of comfort writing scripts that leverage APIs.
- Passionate about groundbreaking technologies, with very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant experience presenting at technology conferences, blogging or writing technical articles with an existing follower base, or contributing to an open source project.
Competitive salaries and company equity
Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
401K with 1% match
Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
Generous parental leave
Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
Monthly company wide hack days