POSTED 22 May
Software Developer Intern - Remote Fall 2020
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
This is a fully remote, 4 month role for the Fall 2020 term that begins on September 7, 2020 and ends on December 18, 2020. Successful candidates will be working from home during the duration of the term.
How You Contribute to Our Vision
- You’re passionate about building software and looking for a place to put your skills to use and work with a fantastic team
- You will build and ship new customer-facing features (A number of participants deployed features during their time at PagerDuty!)
- You’ll collaborate with product and UX to deliver the highest quality web experience
- You’ll be participating in code reviews for your fellow team members
- You are excited to take on the difficult challenges of building highly available distributed systems and the responsibilities that come with developing mission critical software.
- You are confidently self-driven
- You have an insatiable desire to learn
- You are empathetic - you can clearly communicate your thoughts and opinions to others
- You are passionate about high quality, maintainable and testable code
- You have a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals
- You want to build reliable and highly scalable systems
Our Toolset: Are you interested in learning about these?
- Languages: mainly Ruby on Rails, Scala, Elixir, Swift, Objective C (iOS), Java (Android) and more!
- Back-end: Kafka, Percona XtraDB (MySQL), Cassandra, CouchDB
- Front-end: Backbone.js, Ember.js, CoffeeScript and ES6
- Technologies: Distributed Systems, Databases, High Availability Systems, Machine Learning, Streaming Systems
- Good understanding of CS fundamentals, eg. data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one programming language, eg. Java, Python, C
In addition to working with deeply passionate and intelligent people in a dynamic environment, we also offer:
Mentorship - each participant is matched with a team mentor
A chance to participate in our Employee Resource Groups and give back through various volunteer opportunities
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.