POSTED 21 Apr
Jr. Staff Accountant
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for various accounting duties including, but not limited to, expense management, systems administration, GL exposure, and cross functional initiatives. The ideal candidate will be disciplined and process-oriented with a high level of enthusiasm, professionalism, and integrity. The role demands a highly organized and detailed individual that is capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines consistently.
We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
What You Will Do
- Manage the monthly payroll needs for a global contractor organization including: ensuring all invoices are accurately processed and timely paid for 70+ contractors,maintaining proper vendor & banking details in Bill.com, preparing wire transfers for countries not supported by Bill.com and communicating expense & payroll matters with contractors and/or managers
- Audit expense reports to ensure compliance with travel and expense policies
- Process employee expense ACH reimbursements
- Oversee the Company’s travel & expense systems Expensify & Uber for all new hires, terminations and changes
- Administer the Company’s business credit card program including: reviewing credit card receipts from cardholders for proper GL coding, reconciling monthly statements to the GL, working with functional business leaders to establish vendor payment terms, setting appropriate credit limits and researching suspected fraudulent activity
- Maintain prepaid schedules in Excel to ensure expense is recorded in accordance with invoice/contract terms
- Prepare general ledger reconciliations to ensure journal entries have been recorded in accordance with GAAP and ending balances are correct
- Serve as functional backup for team members by cross-training on AP, Cash Receipts, and US Payroll
- Support annual financial audit/review
- Support ad hoc projects and analyses as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting
- 0 to 2 years’ relevant experience
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principle (GAAP)
- Understanding of US reporting
- SAAS-based solutions experience a significant plus (Bill.com, Expensify, Intacct)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines consistently
- Exceptional work ethic
- Excel familiarity
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.