POSTED 26 Mar
Sr Product Marketing Manager
Percona is a leader in providing best-of-breed enterprise-class support, consulting, managed services, training and software for MySQL®, MariaDB®, MongoDB®, PostgreSQL® and other open source databases in on-premises and cloud environments. Our services and software accommodate rapid growth and application development, help companies develop and deploy agile solutions and improve your ability to keep up with customer needs.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and help solve some of the most challenging customer problems. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries, the ability to work remote and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.
The Senior Product Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and then telling the story to both internal and external audiences about our Percona products and solutions with the ultimate goal of driving awareness and demand. They are responsible for creating the product marketing strategy, messaging and plan, coordinating a variety of marketing execution resources (e.g. content, offers) and helping to ensure that sales resources have the knowledge and tools required to convert leads into opportunities and closed business.
Work Location - Remote office in the US or EuropeWhat You Will Do
- Define market opportunity for their product and solution areas. This includes targeting/segmentation of opportunities and markets and collaboration with outbound product management to analyze new markets
- Identify a product/solution`s core demand type (e.g. new concept, new paradigm, established market), map out the buying process for the product/solution and develop personas for the identified roles
- Develop product/solution plans and define positioning and messaging
- Develop integrated launch plans to support solutions/products releases
- Work with Content & Creative team to build standard collateral and relevant content for different (buyer) roles, including web pages, flyers, brochures, white papers, social media content, online event material and more
- Prepare competitive comparison information for use in positioning against offerings from other organizations (working with outbound product manager)
- Collaborate with outbound product management on sales enablement planning and lead the creation of enablement content for sales and customer support resources (e.g. playbooks, battle cards, scripts, presentations, training modules, demos)
- Collaborate with the marketing operations team to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
- Contribute to the development of a social media plan to support both the product/solution release and positioning
- Open source community engagement and support as needed
- Briefing and building relationships with key members of the media and analyst communities
- Marketing - Product, partner, content/creative and operations
- Product management
- Sales and Customer Success
- Services, Consulting and Support
- Executive leadership
- 7+ years of product marketing experience
- Strong background in enterprise software (experience with open source and databases a plus)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of customers’ business needs
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- Team player - ability to work both within the product team and across other teams
- Excellent work ethic, strong organizational skills & ability to meet deadlines
- Willing to travel occasionally on business throughout EMEA and the US
- Language skills: English fluently, additional languages appreciated
- Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills, including public speaking skills
- Experience in working with inter-departmental stakeholders to create and implement a project
- Ability to lead without authority breaking down barriers between product areas and functions
Remote work from home openings require consistent and strong internet access.
HQ is in Durham, NC USA. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.