POSTED 10 Mar
We are now looking for a Cloud System Administrator who can help us keep everything running as reliably and efficiently as possible.
Because the company develops its own applications we need our systems team to work side by side with engineering to improve the processes and to create new projects. As the Administrator of the systems at Quarizmi, you will be responsible for:
- The installation, configuration, deployment, maintenance and administration of our systems environments.
- The architectural design of new projects in close collaboration with our engineers.
- Making sure our architecture can scale out to ten times the number.
- Migrating parts of our databases to new data-storage technologies.
- Are you passionate about your job and able to apply the best tools to the task at hand?
- Are you able to work in a team, communicate well and contribute to the spirit of the team?
- Are you a proactive, pragmatic and committed to quality person?
- Do you master the English language?
- Clear communication, transparency, open-mindedness, empathy and patience are just a few of Quarizmis cultural values.
- Being aligned with our values is often the main deciding point in hiring decisions for us.
- We want a happy, positive-minded and kind person.
- We want someone who is Customer focused.
- We want someone who gives back to the developer community (through blog posts, open source, speaking, StackOverflow answers).
- We want someone who has previous experience working with another startup (would be awesome, it’s cool if not).
- Experience or certification in the use of Amazon Web Services.
- Experience or certification with automation frameworks like Chef, Ansible or Puppet.
- Linux/Unix server administration.
- Web Application Servers like Apache or Nginx.
- Database administration like MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Ability to program tools Python, Perlor an equivalent language.
- Knowledge of network technology.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Hadoop / Spark / Storm
- MongoDB / Cassandra / DynamoDB
- ElasticSearch / Solr
- Tomcat / JBoss
- Redis / Memcached
- MacBook Air or the laptop that suits you
- Kindle Paperwhite
- iPhone 6.0 or your preferred smartphone
- WiFi connectivity