POSTED 13 May
Customer Support Developer
at Retail Zipline
Are you passionate about helping retail companies revolutionize the way they do business? Are you looking for a career that allows you to work with the world’s best-known brands and Fortune 1,000 leaders?Our mission is to bring retail operations out of the dark ages and give companies effective tools that their employees love to use. You will help improve the way that this 4.4 trillion dollar industry communicates with its store employees and save them from sad, slow, inefficient systems (think fax machines, voicemails, and the postal service). People deserve better! We need your help to make this happen.We are an early stage, well-funded company. We have awesome investors, great customers and are looking for a Customer Support Developer to help us ensure our customers are successful with our product.
- Building a self service setup for customer onboarding
- Architecting the ETL process for retail hierarchy data
- Improving and automating internal product actions
- Consuming data from and integrating with 3rd party systems
- Automating developer and operation functionality
- Collaborate with the rest of the team on new features that customers will love
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration
- Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving
- Determine, record and work with the team to revise current procedures to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Combine technical expertise with customer service to work towards resolution.
- Strong background in Ruby development
- Good understanding of web Services, API and IP based protocols
- Understanding of PostgreSQL/MySQL or other database systems
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and a real passion for problem solving
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution
- Understanding/Experiences in scripting languages (Perl, Shell)
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Retail experience is an asset, but not required
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Ability to effectively communicate to, present to, influence or befriend all levels within an organization.
- Outstanding listening and writing skills, and a keen ability to translate complex concepts into simple, persuasive language.
- Team player with excellent collaboration skills to build relationships across the company with both ours as well as our customers.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and dedicated.
- Remote office: Join an effective remote team and work where you’re comfortable
- Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing company.
- Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get our and see the world
- Benefits: 401k, and world-class medical, dental, and vision policies
- Team Fun: Twice annual company off-sites in fun locations. We’ve done New York, Costa Rica, Whistler, Palm Springs, San Diego, and Mexico City
- Learning: Sponsorship of meetup and conference attendance
- Great team: Working with a fun, hard-working, nice people who are committed to making a difference!
- And Much More!