POSTED 11 May
Director of Cloud Operations
at Science Logic
The Director of Cloud Operations is a newly created and hands on role overseeing a team of SaaS Engineers to deploy, manage, scale and automate a global footprint of the ScienceLogic SL1 SaaS platform, running in a hosted and public cloud environment.Our Enterprise Systems IT team delivers exceptional SaaS IT management solutions that have a dramatic positive impact on our customer business operations. You will develop long-standing relationships with the technical experts at these customer organizations and assist them in planning extensions to their ScienceLogic products in-line with their strategic business growth.The ideal candidate will possess superior leadership experience, excellent communications skills, broad technical abilities and service provider operations management experience. Our company values creativity and believes in accelerating individual professional development rewarding team members for individual and team accomplishments.What you’ll be doing…
- Lead and grow a team of engineers and operators, motivated to deliver the leading AIOps platform to The World.
- Drive a clear strategy for scaling product operations in the Public Cloud.
- Be the go- to subject matter expert for our Cloud Operations group to scale and optimize our new SaaS delivery model.
- Deploy new SaaS hosted customers and provide customer triage in partnership with the Technical Support and Professional Services team
- Meet regularly with our SaaS customers on operational effectiveness and to ensure SLA’s and expectations are met
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams to clearly define and execute our SaaS strategy
- Maintain strong communication with the Sales team to articulate our cloud offerings model
- Collaborate with IT team to manage/scale our infrastructure footprint to meet our global customer growth demands
- Relentlessly drive automation across ScienceLogic SaaS operations, and its interfaces with other ScienceLogic business groups.
- Be a key leader helping define the roadmap and evolution of the ScienceLogic cloud offering and go-to-market strategy in collaboration with the product organization.
- Partner with the Finance team to maintain and optimize the operational cost models for the ScienceLogic SaaS offering.
- Manage the establishment of operational success measures and weekly executive management reporting.
- Manage customer escalations to resolution when they occur in close collaboration with our Technical Support team, offering oversight and customer management as appropriate.
- Ensure contractual SLA responsibilities are met and achieve high levels of uptime and customer satisfaction.
- Define and build a global 24x7 NOC team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree is required.
- Must have experience running operations for software products in the Public Cloud.
- 7+ years of IT operations, NOC/SOC or SaaS management from a service provider or equivalent organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally both verbal and written.
- Experience interacting with external customers and providing regular delivery updates.
- Familiar with modern automation concepts, tools and techniques (e.g. CI/CD, Ansible)
- Broad IT knowledge and experience of networking, storage, compute and security.
- Knowledge with monitoring protocols and techniques.
- Must have experience in Linux/Unix operating environment.
- Experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Securing SaaS products or working with Security Teams is a plus.
- Must be detail oriented and able to deal with multiple project complexities at once.