POSTED 25 May
Status is the gateway to the decentralized web. We’re building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute. As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community. Our core application, recently launched at v1 on Mobile and in beta on Desktop, is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, make payments and browse the decentralized web.Who are we?We're a remote team made up of ~60 core contributors and a growing number of community members scattered around the globe. We care deeply about open source software, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities. The team & role: The finance team powering Status is small and lean, currently two people and a network of outsourced vendors in various global locations. This newly-created finance manager role will be a key part of our finance operation, bringing a valuable hybrid of financial controller and FP&A skills to the team. As this is a small organization with a broad financial remit, we’re looking for an all-rounder who’s excited to get involved in diverse projects and tasks. Working alongside the Head of Finance and providing management reports to our founders, this role offers scope to make a big impact in the organization from day one.Responsibilities:
- Financial controller activities, including:
- Prepare, analyze and control Status’s financial data.
- Establish and execute internal controls over Status’s accounting and financial procedures.
- Support the tax, accounting and book closing functions and operations.
- Support preparation of company documents
- Manage compliance and audit processes, evaluating and managing risks.
- FP&A activities, including:
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and financial plans.
- Develop robust financial models.
- Create recommendations to support strategic decision-making
- Assist in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning process.
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- An academic qualification in business administration, finance, or accounting
- Experience in finance, specifically FP&A
- A sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Experience working remotely and/or at a tech startup (if you also love crypto as much as we do, we’d love to hear from you!)
- Auditing experience
- Excellent financial modelling skills, even better if you can code
- Compliance awareness and experience
- Experience using modelling and accounting software
- German language skills.
- Interview with a member of our People Ops team
- Interview with Daniel, our Head of Finance
- Interview with Carl, one of our founders
- A small, paid, work challenge so that we can get a feel for your work and how we’d collaborate (the task should take no more than 6 hours) - if you have relevant work samples you’d prefer to send us, that works too.