POSTED 7 Apr
DevOps Engineer (SRE)
Headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Toronto and London, SwissBorg aims to fundamentally change the way individuals manage their wealth. As a product obsessed team, we believe that advanced technology combined with an intuitive user experience will empower people to invest with more freedom, confidence, and belief.
In 2018, we successfully raised funds from over 23,800 global participants who share our vision of a wealth management industry with more community-centric values. We are now working towards the next phase of disruption. In Q1 of 2020, individuals across the globe will have the opportunity to purchase digital assets such as Bitcoin at the best prices, and become members of our ecosystem to unlock first of its kind investment features.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), you’ll play the critical role of developing and maintaining our cloud-based infrastructure. We depend on our small but very talented SRE team to keep the foundation safe and stable for our developers to build on. This means having stable systems, automation, and the necessary tooling and preparation to respond to possible issues.
The engineering team at SwissBorg operates with a strong DevOps culture, meaning you will be working collaboratively with development teams to ensure projects are efficiently developed, integrated and deployed. We believe a healthy work-life balance within our teams will enable everyone to do their best work. However, due to the mission-critical nature of this role, there is the very real possibility of 3am emergency call if we experience an unexpected outage. As a team, we will do our best to plan for and limit the probability of this happening.
Some problems you’ll be tackling:
- Designing resilient systems to protect our infrastructure from internal and external attacks.
- Testing our existing infrastructure to look for vulnerabilities in our systems and pre-empt future issues.
- Setting up effective monitoring to enable our teams to quickly see the status of our systems at any time.
- Ensuring emergency events can be responded to quickly and precisely.
- Daily creation of base docker images ensuring tools used by our developers are always up to date
- Verification of the module versions used in our infrastructure as code (mainly Terraform and Ansible)
- Discovering new technologies and exploring how we could integrate them into our processes to improve our systems and solve problems.
Monitoring and Alerting
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of experience in GNU/Linux infrastructure-related work
- High level of autonomy, discipline, and willingness to learn
- Knowledge of Python, infrastructure-as-code, GitOps, CI/CD
- Prior experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible
- Experience using Prometheus and Grafana a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-cultural team
- Ability to express your ideas clearly, mostly written, and defend them if need be
- Curiosity and interest in fintech and the cryptocurrency space
What we offer:
- Make an impact - be part of a small team building the infrastructure to support technology that will be used around the world.
- Competitive salary and bonus based on our meritocratic system.
- Flexible work hours.
- Continuous learning and development opportunities.
- The best tools - workstations, tablets, MacBooks, etc...
- Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
The candidate must to be on a European time zone.