POSTED 18 Mar
Experienced Backend Engineer - Ruby
Do you enjoy collaborating in a consultative environment and guiding people using best practices to achieve great results? Do you want to influence and contribute to the growth of a high performing, quality focused team? If so, Theorem wants to know more about you!Theorem is a software consultancy that believes in simplicity in software design. We deliver solutions for startups and enterprises - You can see our portfolio to learn more about the results we've delivered for our clients.This is a remote role. We are a remote first company with offices in Los Angeles and New York. We have team members all around the world.Please note this project team is working with a client in the Pacific Time Zone, UTC -7 Candidates located within UTC - 3 to UTC - 8 will be given priority for team time zone alignment.At Theorem you can make a significant impact while enjoying a flexible work schedule.Your Responsibilities As Experienced Ruby Engineer at Theorem:
- Architect and build web applications using Ruby
- Be a leader-contributor on a team creating a distributed system that will change the way people shop and interact in a retail environment
- Collaborate with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a remote, distributed team environment
- Guide our clients in best practices in order to achieve great project success
- 5 + years of professional software development experience
2+ years of production experience utilizing Ruby on Non-Rails environments
- Previous remote work experience
- Previous experience collaborating on highly distributed teams
- Possess a passion for software development
- Possess a drive to get things done
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Align a portion of your day with the business hours of Pacific Time Zone - UTC -7
- REMOTE FIRST - Work from your remote location if you are not called to travel to client site
- TEAM RETREATS - We get together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM - We offer vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness and continuing education benefits program.