POSTED 13 Mar
Experienced Engineering Manager
Have you spent the past five years managing software engineers? Do you have a proven track record of building teams that deliver complex software on-time and in-budget?Are you ready to take your career to the next level and work with the best engineers on the planet? If so, we want to meet you!Company OverviewTheorem is a team of craftspeople and experts who build amazing products and believe in cultivating a high degree of leadership in all of our people. We build medium and large-scale applications that solve our customers' business-critical problems.Job SummaryAs an experienced Engineering Manager you will manage a team of 10 to 15 engineers operating in small squads of 4-5 engineers and work directly with Product, Research and Design teams as well as customer stakeholders and technical leads to build complex custom software applications.While this is a remote friendly role, the engineering manager should expect to travel to client site one week every other month on average.Responsibilities and DutiesAs an engineering manager supporting the development of a product, you are responsible for:Strategy and Consulting
- Run and / or participate in project kick-offs.
- Work with your team to choose the tools, architecture, and platforms used to deliver client projects.
- Define quality standards for client projects.
- Attract, nurture, coach, and retain talent.
- Ensure every assigned engineer has a career progression plan with regular check-in points and real-time feedback.
- Ensure engineers are provided with continuous and valuable learning opportunities.
- Contribute to determining engineering salary ranges and adjustments.
- Contribute to defining and building the vision for our engineering organization.
- Contribute to defining quality standards for our work.
- Contribute to creating training and learning material and opportunities for engineers.
- Talk to engineers to tease out concerns early, then fix them when possible.
- Resolve conflicts or performance problems with engineers.
- Embody the engineering culture and contribute to its advancement, inspiring everyone to live up to it.
- Maintainer and contributor to our company engineering internal and public artifacts such as our quality standards and guidelines.
- Represent the engineering organization with other departments and ensure we provide engineering support wherever necessary in the company.
- Support team happiness.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of the engineering output.
- Responsible for the continuous, iterative improvement of our engineering team.
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects.
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products.
- When necessary, act as Programmer, QA, Architect, PM, etc for short periods of time.