POSTED 15 Apr
Technical Project Management Immersion Instructor
Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technical project managers. As an Immersive Course Instructor, you will deliver high-quality live workshop content based on existing curriculum, provide support to students in completing their daily tasks as well as capstone projects, and prepare students to successfully transition careers.
In addition to working directly with students, Instructors are expected to maintain an environment of regular, candid feedback with the Educator Experience team, and to stay on top of important updates via meetings, emails, and Slack. Ideal candidates for this team are highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Delivers high-quality workshops based on the curriculum materials, and provides live demos and examples when appropriate, supplements written materials and content to provide students with the skills and knowledge to get their first technical project manager job.
- Maintains and updates the daily and weekly student syllabus, which outlines the required homework and assignments, and deadlines for assessments and projects
- Maintains and updates the daily student performance and attendance documents, reports student status to the right teams and follows up on a timely manner to ensure students’ success
- Provides daily on-demand video and chat support for students as they move through the program
- Spends up to 4 hours a day prepping for workshops and updating course materials as needed
- Works with the operational leads for engagement formats (Mentor Sessions, Group Sessions, Grading, Technical Coaching, Mock Interviews/Assessments) to ensure that consistent experience is happening for students in immersive courses
- Works with the Academic Success Management (ASM) team to ensure student success in a timely manner
- Provide constructive feedback to the Instructional Design team on improvements to the course materials and curriculum based on student experience with the materials
- Must have 6+ years of professional experience as a project manager, and 4+ years as a technical or IT project manager for a mid- to large-size company. This experience can be concurrent.
- Teaching experience, especially in a remote or online class, and ability to supplement teaching with professional experience in the topics mentioned above
- Ability to manage remote classroom without a lot of direct supervision
- Ability to explain complicated topics clearly and without jargon
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a remote environment and understanding how to collaborate and communicate in such an environment
- Be comfortable and maintain composure working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to raise and solve problem in a timely manner
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High level of detail orientation and an exceptional work ethic
- Enjoy working with people, not just putting your head down and working
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection with clear audio and video in a non-distracting workplace
Compensation and benefits
- Competitive base salary and equity
- Healthcare, dental, and vision insurance are 100% covered for individuals and meaningfully covered for families
- 401k plan options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Expand your skills with free Thinkful courses and a Mentor, plus discounts for friends and family
- Commuter Benefits Card via WageWorks
- Paid Parental Leave
Thinkful can only hire candidates who are eligible to work in the United States.
We stand against any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Thinkful provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. If you're talented and driven, please apply.
At this time, we are unable to consider applicants from the following states: Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Carolina, South Dakota, West Virginia, and Wyoming