POSTED 28 Apr
Director, Content Marketing
We're seeking a strategic, data-driven leader to build and scale Content Marketing at Zapier. As the Director, Content Marketing, you'll develop the function's strategy, set its vision, and orchestrate its support of cross-functional product and marketing team goals.At Zapier, Content Marketing's mission is to develop content that leads site visitors, users, and integration partners to an increased usage of our product. To do so, the function operates a broad publishing effort, producing content for properties that include Zapier's App Directory, Learning Center, customers page, Updates Blog, and YouTube channel. It also collaborates closely with Communications, who owns the Zapier Blog and social strategy, and the Marketing Programs and Email teams.The Director, Content Marketing will be instrumental in Zapier's go-to-market strategy, working with leaders across the company. You'll be responsible for strengthening our foundation of written content while rapidly testing and expanding the growth of new channels, including video, ebooks, webinars, and podcasts.There is no sales team at Zapier. Content marketing plays a critical role in growing revenue through self-service channels.If you’re interested in driving your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, read on.We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- You build content marketing strategy and programs that get measurable results. You have 10+ years in the field, including experience driving effective partnerships with product and marketing leaders to achieve valuable customer outcomes and business impact.
- You align teams behind a content marketing vision that contributes to the company vision. You have an eye for identifying massive content marketing opportunities and putting in place strategy and resources that's led teams to them.
- You accelerate the skills and careers of content marketing practitioners. You have a track record of hiring, developing, and growing exceptional content marketing teams.
- You optimize content systems for higher output. You have a knack for making teams more efficient, whether it be through a better division of responsibility or adopting a new CMS with engineering support.
- You show content marketing's impact on user needs and business goals. You have a history of independently using marketing data to make strategic content marketing decisions, report performance, and earn stakeholder buy-in.
- You believe in content. You have a point of view that content marketing—and its adjacent fields, including product content, brand content, and technical content—plays a critical role in customer and business success.
Things You Might DoZapier is a fast-growing company, so you'll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you'll do:
- Set the Zapier Content Marketing vision and strategy
- Develop Content Marketing programs, including those in support of cross-functional team goals
- Grow skills and careers of the Content Marketing team, including editors, writers, and content specialists
- Determine staffing resources to meet growing content marketing needs company-wide
- Oversee the Content Marketing freelancer program and content outsourcing, including its budget
- Build new content marketing partnerships with media, Zapier partner companies, and others
- Travel of 5% - 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
How To ApplyWe have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
About ZapierFor the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole PackageLocation: AnywhereOur team of 250+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don't have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, and Australia. You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.Compensation:
- Competitive salary (we don't use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies.